MSU DSW Scholarship 2022-2023: The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda takes pride in its flagship program, the Directorate of Students’ Welfare (DSW), which aims to support economically disadvantaged students. As part of this initiative, the university is now accepting online scholarship applications for the academic year 2022-2023.
This article provides comprehensive information about the MSU DSW Scholarship, including essential details such as application dates, eligibility criteria, the last date for submission, the online application process and link, scholarship amount, the official website, and more.
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the official portal at msubaroda.ac.in/dsw. It is crucial to carefully review all the information before proceeding with the online application.
DSW Scholarship MSU 2022-2023 : Overview
|DSW Scholarship 2022-23
|The Directorate of Students’ Welfare (DSW)
|The Maharaja Sayajirao University (MSU) of Baroda Students
|Online Application Last Date
|10 February 2023
|Scholarship Website Link
Great news! The MSU DSW Scholarship for Financial Assistance, Fee waiver, and/or Freeship for the academic year 2022-23 has officially commenced on 26th January 2023. This scholarship opportunity is specifically aimed at supporting the students of The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda who may require financial assistance to pursue their education.
What is DSW Scholarship MSU?
The Directorate of Students’ Welfare (DSW) stands as a flagship initiative at the University, originating from the visionary efforts of the former Vice Chancellor and other higher authorities.
Its primary aim is to extend financial aid to economically disadvantaged students pursuing their studies at The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda. Since its inception in the academic year 2012-13, DSW has played a crucial role in leveling the playing field, bridging the gap between the privileged and underprivileged students.
The key beneficiaries of DSW are those promising individuals who come from economically weaker backgrounds but possess genuine potential to become valuable assets for our nation’s future. To be eligible for scholarship support, students must demonstrate a family income below 3.5 lakh per annum and have achieved a minimum of 55% marks in their previous year’s exams.
The application process is streamlined and accessible through the MSU website (https://msubaroda.ac.in/dsw), where interested students can submit their applications online, accompanied by essential supporting documents such as Aadhar card, bank account details, and electricity bills. Through DSW’s benevolent support, deserving students are empowered to overcome financial barriers and pursue their academic aspirations with confidence.
Mode of Distribution of Scholarship Amount
Each year, a meticulous and systematic process is employed to identify deserving and genuine students who are in need of financial assistance. This process entails a series of steps, culminating in personal interviews that span over an extensive period, ensuring fairness and accuracy in the selection process.
Once the selection process is completed, and the most deserving candidates are shortlisted, the funds are directly transferred to their respective bank accounts. This streamlined approach guarantees that the financial aid reaches the recipients promptly, allowing them to focus on their studies without the burden of financial constraints.
By implementing such a comprehensive and transparent procedure, the Directorate of Students’ Welfare (DSW) at The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda continues to make a significant impact, supporting and empowering students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds to pursue their academic dreams with confidence and determination.
Steps for Online Registration for DSW Scholarship MSU 2022-23
To apply for scholarships, financial assistance, fee waivers, or freeships for the academic year 2022-23 at The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website: https://msubaroda.ac.in/dsw/
- Read the first instruction carefully before applying. You can find detailed instructions by clicking on the link provided on the website.
- Click on “New User.” This action will lead you to a new page titled “Registration Form for Scholarship, Financial Assistance, Feewaiver, and/or Freeship 2022-23.”
- Fill out the registration form with the required information. When you click “Register Me,” any mistakes or errors will be indicated in red letters. Correct the entries accordingly and click “Register Me” again.
- Once all the entries are correct, click “Yes” for the line that confirms the information filled in the online form is accurate. Then, click “Register Me” to proceed.
- Log in again using your existing username and password. Complete the payment process as instructed.
- Upload the necessary documents as prompted by the system.
- After completing the process, click on “Print Registration Form.” The system will generate your Registration Form based on the information you provided. To print the form, press “Ctrl+P.”
Note: Your PRN (Permanent Registration Number) consists of only 10 digits. In case it’s less than 10 digits, precede it with six zeros ‘000000’ to make it a 16-digit PRN (e.g., If your PRN is ‘1234567809,’ write it as ‘0000001234567809’).
- Application Start Date: 26 January 2023
- Application Last Date: 10 February 2023
- The online application fee for DSW Scholarship is of Rs. 200/ will be paid through online mode.
For further information about the Economically Disadvantaged Students Support Fund, you can reach out to the Directorate of Students’ Welfare at The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda using the following contact details:
- Directorate of Students’ Welfare
- The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
- Email: [email protected]
Feel free to contact them via email with any queries or concerns related to the support fund or any other student welfare matters. They should be able to provide you with the necessary information and assistance.
Eligibility Criteria for MSU DSW Scholarship 2022-23
To be eligible for the Economically Disadvantaged Students Support Fund at The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, the candidate must fulfill the following criteria:
- Enrollment: The candidate must be a regular, bonafide, or enrolled student of The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda.
- Financial Condition: The total household income, which includes the income of all family members living together in the same house, should not exceed Rs. 3,50,000/- (Rupees three lacs fifty thousand only) per annum. This criterion is in accordance with Syndicate Resolution No. 37 dated 29-06-2019.
- Academic Performance: The candidate must have secured at least 55% marks in their preceding examination.
- Non-Availability of Other Financial Assistance: The candidate should not have availed or be availing any financial assistance, fee waivers, or similar support from any source for the same or relevant academic period for which they are seeking assistance from this fund.
Meeting these eligibility criteria will enable the candidate to apply for and be considered for the Economically Disadvantaged Students Support Fund at The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda.
Important Instruction for Apply Online DSW Scholarship
The following important points and instructions are provided for the Economically Disadvantaged Students Support Fund application at The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda:
- Application Completeness: All applications must be complete in every respect and must include all the required documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered for the scholarship.
- Discretionary Awarding: The Directorate of Students’ Welfare (DSW) reserves the right to award scholarships to the most deserving students based on a merit list. The decisions made by the Directorate in this regard will be final and conclusive.
- Duration of Scholarship: The scholarship or financial assistance will be granted for a period of two consecutive semesters only. It will not be automatically renewed for successive terms. If students require support for another year, they must submit a fresh application.
- Subject to Availability of Funds: The continuation of the scholarship or financial assistance in the subsequent years will depend on the availability of funds with the DSW.
- False Claims: Any intentionally false or misleading claims made in the application will lead to disqualification from receiving assistance, and the applicant may face further punitive action.
- Faculty of Commerce Students: Students from the Faculty of Commerce are requested to select the specific unit or building in the DSW Form.
- Minority Students: Minority students, including Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains, and Zoroastrians (Parsis), can apply for scholarships through the National Scholarship Portal at http://www.scholarships.gov.in.
- Category Students: Students belonging to SC/ST/SEBC categories should register on the following website: http://www.digitalgujarat.gov.in
- Death Certificate in Specific Cases: In certain cases, if applicable, students may need to upload the death certificate of their father/mother.
Applicants should carefully adhere to these instructions while applying for the Economically Disadvantaged Students Support Fund to ensure their eligibility and consideration for the scholarship.
Required Documents for DSW Scholarship MSU
For the academic year 2022-23, the following documents are mandatory and must be submitted when applying for the DSW Scholarship through the online application:
- Recent Passport Size Photograph: A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant.
- Specimen Signature: A specimen signature of the applicant.
- Result with 55% Overall Passing Marks: The mark sheet of the academic year 2021-22, showing that the applicant has achieved at least 55% overall passing marks.
- Fee Slip for Academic Year 2022-23: A copy of the fee slip or proof of payment for the academic year 2022-23.
- Faculty Identity Card / Government Identity Proof: The applicant’s faculty identity card or any valid government identity proof.
- Salary Slip or Latest Income Certificate: Salary slip of the applicant or their parents, or a latest income certificate issued by the competent authority of the Government of Gujarat.
- Latest Electricity Bill: A copy of the latest electricity bill of the applicant’s family or residence.
- Copy of Front Page of Passbook: A copy of the front page of the applicant’s own passbook from any nationalized bank.
- Disabled Identification Card (if applicable): A certified Disabled Identification card issued by a civil surgeon if the applicant is eligible.
- Rent Agreement or Rent Payment Receipt (if applicable): If the applicant resides on rent, a rent agreement or the latest rent payment receipt must be provided.
- Defense Certificate (if applicable): A certificate from the competent authority (District Sainik Welfare & Resettlement Officer or Commanding Officer) in the case of defense personnel.
Ensure that all the documents are valid, up-to-date, and legible when submitting the online application for the DSW Scholarship.
MSU DSW Scholarship Important Links
|Click Here To Apply Online for DSW Scholarship
|Click Here To Applicant Login
|Official Website – https://msubaroda.ac.in
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) – DSW Scholarship MSU
What is the DSW Scholarship at MSU?
The DSW Scholarship at MSU refers to the Doctor of Social Work Scholarship, which supports doctoral students pursuing a degree in social work at Michigan State University.
Who is eligible to apply for the DSW Scholarship?
Eligibility criteria may vary, but typically, candidates must have a Master’s degree in social work (MSW), demonstrate academic excellence, and show a commitment to advancing the field of social work through research and practice.
How can I apply for the DSW Scholarship at MSU?
To apply for the DSW Scholarship at MSU, you should follow the application process outlined by the university’s social work department. This usually involves submitting an online application, academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, and possibly an interview.
When is the application deadline for the DSW Scholarship?
The application deadline for the DSW Scholarship at MSU is usually specified on the university’s official website or through the social work department.
Is the DSW Scholarship renewable?
Scholarship renewal policies may vary, but some scholarships require recipients to maintain a certain GPA or meet specific academic milestones to have the scholarship renewed for subsequent years.
What are the benefits of the DSW Scholarship at MSU?
The benefits of the DSW Scholarship may include financial support for tuition and fees, stipends for living expenses, and access to research and networking opportunities within the social work community.
Are international students eligible for the DSW Scholarship at MSU?
Eligibility criteria may differ for international students, but some scholarships may be open to both domestic and international candidates. It’s essential to check the specific requirements for international applicants.
How competitive is the DSW Scholarship at MSU?
The level of competition for the DSW Scholarship at MSU depends on the number of applicants and available funding. Demonstrating strong academic achievements and a compelling commitment to social work can enhance your chances of being selected.
Can I apply for other scholarships while applying for the DSW Scholarship at MSU?
Yes, you can typically apply for multiple scholarships simultaneously. However, make sure to check whether there are any restrictions or conflicts with receiving multiple scholarships.
Is the DSW Scholarship at MSU only for full-time students?
The scholarship’s requirements may specify whether it is open to full-time, part-time, or both types of students. Check the scholarship guidelines for this information.
The DSW Scholarship at MSU presents a valuable opportunity for aspiring doctoral students in social work. Its support not only alleviates financial burdens but also empowers recipients to pursue impactful research and practice in the field. While eligibility criteria and competition may vary, applicants should demonstrate academic excellence, a strong commitment to social work, and adhere to the application deadlines.
The scholarship’s benefits, including financial aid and networking opportunities, foster a nurturing environment for personal and professional growth. Prospective candidates should thoroughly review the official guidelines to maximize their chances of securing this esteemed scholarship and furthering their contributions to the realm of social work.