The KALIA (Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation) Scholarship is a transformative initiative introduced by the government of Odisha, India, aimed at providing comprehensive support to the agricultural community. Launched as part of the broader KALIA scheme, which focuses on improving the livelihoods of farmers, the scholarship component specifically targets the educational needs of the children of farmers, landless agricultural households, and vulnerable agricultural laborers.
In a region where agriculture is a pivotal economic activity, the KALIA Scholarship recognizes the importance of education in breaking the cycle of poverty and empowering the next generation. The scholarship program seeks to alleviate the financial burden on farming families, ensuring that their children have access to quality education. By doing so, it not only invests in the individual futures of these students but also contributes to the overall development of rural communities.
One of the key features of the KALIA Scholarship is its inclusivity. It reaches out to a broad spectrum of beneficiaries, including the sons and daughters of small, marginal, and landless farmers. This inclusiveness reflects a commitment to addressing socio-economic disparities and fostering equal education opportunities. The scholarship covers a range of educational expenses, encompassing school and college fees, as well as other associated costs such as books and uniforms.
The KALIA Scholarship underscores the government’s dedication to the welfare of the agricultural sector and its belief in the potential of education as a catalyst for positive change. By supporting the education of the children of farmers, the program not only uplifts individual families but also contributes to the overall progress of rural communities, fostering a sustainable and empowered future for generations to come.
Importance of Odisha Kalia Scholarship 2024
The Government of Odisha has introduced the KALIA Scholarship as part of the KALIA Yojana, aimed at supporting the children of farmers in pursuing higher education. This scholarship provides monetary benefits to enable students to continue their studies, particularly in professional and technical courses such as medical, engineering, agriculture, allied nursing diploma, and various trades in ITI. The financial assistance offered through this scholarship plays a crucial role in facilitating the education of eligible students, allowing them to access diverse fields of learning.
Objective of KALIA Scholarship
The primary aim behind the inception of the Kalia scholarship is to ensure that the offspring of the beneficiaries receive access to high-quality education. Launched by the Government of Odisha, this scholarship program is strategically designed to combat the prevalent issue of illiteracy among farmers and elevate the overall education rates in the state. By providing financial support to the children of beneficiaries, the initiative seeks to encourage enrollment in professional and technical graduation courses, including but not limited to MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS, B.PHARMA, BSC, B.TECH, BBA, BCA, and more.
This proactive step by the government not only addresses the educational needs of the farming community but also aligns with the broader objective of enhancing the educational landscape within the state. The KALIA Scholarship serves as a catalyst in reducing the illiteracy gap, paving the way for a more educated and empowered generation. By making it easier for eligible students to apply for the scholarship, the government’s initiative fosters a renewed interest in education, thereby contributing to the overall socio-economic development of the region.
Key Highlights of KALIA Scholarship
|Name of the scholarship
|Department of Agriculture and Farmer Empowerment Government of Odisha
|Children of the beneficiaries of the Kalia Yojana
|Providing financial assistance
Benefits of Kalia Scholarship
The Kalia Scholarship offers several significant benefits to the eligible beneficiaries, primarily aimed at supporting the education of children from farming households. Some key advantages include:
Financial Assistance for Education: The primary benefit of the Kalia Scholarship is the financial aid provided to students. This support helps cover various educational expenses, including tuition fees, books, uniforms, and other related costs, ensuring that financial constraints do not hinder the pursuit of education.
Access to Professional and Technical Courses: The scholarship opens doors for students to pursue professional and technical courses such as medical, engineering, agriculture, nursing diploma, ITI trades, and more. This broad scope allows students to choose diverse fields of study based on their interests and career goals.
Reduction of Illiteracy: By targeting the children of farmers, the Kalia Scholarship contributes to reducing the overall illiteracy rate within the farming community. This, in turn, has a positive impact on the socio-economic development of rural areas.
Promotion of Higher Education: The scholarship encourages and promotes higher education among the agricultural community. It acts as an incentive for students to aspire to and attain education beyond basic levels, fostering a culture of learning and knowledge enhancement.
Equal Opportunities: The Kalia Scholarship reflects a commitment to providing equal opportunities for education, irrespective of the economic background of the beneficiaries. It strives to bridge the educational gap and create a level playing field for students from farming households.
Empowerment of Rural Communities: By investing in the education of the children of farmers, the Kalia Scholarship contributes to the overall empowerment of rural communities. Educated individuals are better equipped to contribute positively to the community’s development and progress.
Focused Support for Beneficiaries: The scholarship is specifically designed for the children of eligible beneficiaries under the Kalia Yojana, ensuring that the support is directed to those who need it within the targeted group.
The Kalia Scholarship plays a crucial role in promoting education, reducing disparities, and fostering the holistic development of individuals and communities within the agricultural sector.
- Applicant must be a child of eligible beneficiaries of the Kalia Yojana, specifically under the support to cultivators for cultivation and livelihood support to landless agriculture household components.
- Merit-based admission in a government or private institute with an AISHE Code is a prerequisite for eligibility.
- Cost-sharing and self-financing arrangements are not eligible for this scholarship.
- The applicant should not be availing benefits from any other scholarship.
- The scholarship is exclusively provided for one professional course.
- Students are not eligible for a scholarship for a second professional course.
- Students from private institutions outside the state are not permitted to avail themselves of this scholarship.
It seems like you’ve listed a set of documents, possibly for a scholarship application or some form of official process. Here’s a breakdown of the documents you’ve mentioned:
- Purpose: Aadhar is a unique identification document issued by the government of India. It serves as proof of identity and residence.
- Purpose: This document verifies the residential address of the individual. It is often required for various official processes to establish the person’s place of residence.
- Purpose: Assuming this refers to a bank passbook, it might be required to show proof of financial transactions, account details, or income. This can be relevant for financial aid or scholarship applications.
Declaration Certificate of the Student:
- Purpose: This is likely a self-declaration by the student, stating certain facts or confirming their eligibility for a particular benefit or program.
Marksheet of Last Year Examination:
- Purpose: Academic records, such as the marksheet of the last examination, are often required to assess the student’s academic performance. This could be crucial for scholarship applications or admission processes.
These documents collectively provide a comprehensive profile of the applicant, including their identity, residence, financial status, and academic achievements. It’s important to ensure that all documents are authentic, up-to-date, and in compliance with the specific requirements of the institution or organization for which they are being submitted.
|Start date to apply
|9th January 2024
|Closing date for submission of online applications
|31st January 2024
|The last date for online verification of applications by CDAO concerned
|9th February 2024
|The last date for online verification of applications by the CDAO concerned
|19th February 2024
Eligible Courses List
- B.Sc (Community Science)
- B.Sc (Forestry)
- B.Sc (Horticulture)
- B.Tech(Agriculture )
- Bachelor in veterinary Sc. & animal husbandry
- Bachelor of ayurvedic medicine and surgery(BAMS)
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Ophthalmic Assistant
The scholarship program offers comprehensive financial support to students, covering various aspects of their educational expenses. Here’s a breakdown of the benefits provided:
Coverage of Tuition Fees, Time Fees, Hostel Charges, and Other Fees:
- Purpose: The scholarship covers the entire spectrum of educational costs, including tuition fees, time fees, hostel charges, and other miscellaneous fees. This holistic approach ensures that students are relieved of the financial burden associated with their education.
Scholarship Amount Aligned with Course Fee Structure:
- Purpose: The scholarship amount disbursed to students is structured by the specific fee structure of their respective courses. This ensures that the financial support is tailored to the individual needs of each student, promoting fair and equitable assistance.
Hostel/Mess Charges for Government Institute Courses:
- Amount: INR 1200 per month
- Eligibility: Undergraduate, postgraduate, and PhD students enrolled in government institute courses.
- Purpose: This component of the scholarship is designed to alleviate the expenses related to accommodation and meals, making higher education more accessible for students pursuing courses in government institutes.
Monthly Stipend for Diploma, Polytechnic, ITI Students:
- Amount: INR 1000 per month for 10 months
- Eligibility: Students enrolled in diploma, polytechnic, and ITI courses.
- Purpose: The monthly stipend aims to support students in these specific courses, recognizing the unique financial challenges they may face. It serves as a consistent source of assistance throughout the academic year.
By providing a comprehensive array of financial support, including coverage for tuition, accommodation, and stipends, the scholarship program ensures that students across various educational levels have the resources they need to focus on their studies without undue financial stress. The structure aligns with the diverse needs of students pursuing different courses and levels of education.
Read More: Istse Scholarship
The selection process for the scholarship is governed by strict eligibility criteria, ensuring fairness and transparency in the selection of beneficiaries. The key points in the selection process include:
Clearance of Eligibility Criteria:
- Only applicants who meet the predefined eligibility criteria will be considered for the scholarship. This could include factors such as academic performance, course of study, and other specified requirements.
Children of Kalia Yojana Beneficiaries:
- The primary criterion for selection is that the applicant must be the child of a beneficiary under the Kalia Yojana. This ensures that the scholarship is directed towards supporting the educational needs of the intended target group.
Non-Availability of Other Scholarships:
- Applicants are expected not to avail themselves of any other scholarship through false statements or misrepresentation. This requirement is in place to maintain the integrity of the selection process and to ensure that the scholarship benefits those who genuinely meet the eligibility criteria.
Prevention of False Registration by Private Institutions:
- The scholarship benefit will not be extended to students who falsely claim registration with private institutions. This measure is implemented to curb fraudulent activities and ensure that the scholarship reaches deserving individuals pursuing legitimate educational paths.
By strictly adhering to these selection criteria, the scholarship program aims to identify and support students who genuinely qualify for the financial assistance, safeguarding the integrity of the program and maximizing the positive impact on the educational pursuits of eligible candidates.
KALIA Scholarship 2024 Apply Online
- Click on the link given here to go to the Kalia website of the organization.
- The homepage of the organization will be displayed on your screen
- Click on the link called Apply Scholarship
Access the Official Website: Visit the official website of the organization offering the Kalia Scholarship.
Explore Scholarship Categories: Look for information about different scholarship categories available. Identify the one that aligns with your eligibility.
Click on “Apply Online” for Kalia Scholarship: Once you’ve identified the correct scholarship category, find the “Apply Online” section under the Kalia Scholarship.
Registration: If you are not registered on the portal, there might be an option to register. Follow the registration process, providing the required information.
- Click on the “Login” option on the scholarship portal.
- Once clicked, a login form should appear on your screen.
- Enter your credentials, which may include a username and password.
Access Application Form:
- After successfully logging in, navigate to the section where you can find the application form for the Kalia Scholarship.
Fill Out Application Form:
- Complete the application form by providing accurate and truthful information. This may include personal details, academic information, and other relevant data.
- Look for an option to upload the required documents. Commonly requested documents may include identification proof, academic transcripts, and proof of eligibility.
Submit the Form:
- After filling in the form and uploading the necessary documents, there should be a “Submit” or “Save” button. Click on it to finalize your application.
- Department of agriculture and farmers empowerment
- Email: [email protected]
- Helpline Number: 155335/ 1800-345-6770
FAQs – KALIA Scholarship
What is the KALIA Scholarship?
The KALIA Scholarship is a financial assistance program launched by the Government of Odisha, India, to support the education of the children of beneficiaries under the KALIA Yojana. It aims to provide funding for professional and technical courses, fostering the academic growth of students.
Who is eligible for the KALIA Scholarship?
Eligibility is generally restricted to children of beneficiaries under the KALIA Yojana. Applicants should adhere to specific criteria, which may include academic merit, enrollment in eligible courses, and other requirements outlined by the scholarship program.
What expenses does the KALIA Scholarship cover?
The KALIA Scholarship typically covers various educational expenses, including tuition fees, time fees, hostel charges, and other fees associated with professional and technical courses. Specific details can be found in the scholarship guidelines.
How can I apply for the KALIA Scholarship?
To apply for the KALIA Scholarship, visit the official website and navigate to the scholarship section. Follow the instructions, complete the application form, and submit the required documents. Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria before applying.
Can I apply for more than one professional course under the KALIA Scholarship?
No, the KALIA Scholarship typically provides support for only one professional course. Applicants are generally not eligible for a scholarship for a second professional course.
Is the KALIA Scholarship available for students studying in private institutions outside the state?
Generally, students from outside private institutions of the state may not be eligible to benefit from the KALIA Scholarship. The scholarship is often limited to specific institutions and regions as per the program guidelines.
What documents are required for the KALIA Scholarship application?
Commonly required documents include Aadhar card, residence certificate, passbook photocopy, declaration certificate of the student, and the mark sheet of the last year’s examination. Specific document requirements may vary, so applicants should refer to the official guidelines.
How are scholarship amounts disbursed?
Scholarship amounts are typically disbursed based on the course fee structure. The funds may cover tuition fees, hostel/mess charges, and other related expenses. The disbursement process is often outlined in the scholarship guidelines.
The KALIA Scholarship stands as a significant initiative by the Government of Odisha to empower the children of beneficiaries under the KALIA Yojana. By providing comprehensive financial support, this scholarship program strives to break barriers to education and uplift the academic aspirations of students in the agricultural community. The scholarship not only addresses the economic challenges faced by farming households but also aims to reduce the overall illiteracy rate and promote higher education.
Through its inclusive approach, the KALIA Scholarship caters to a diverse range of professional and technical courses, fostering skill development and knowledge acquisition. The commitment to covering various educational expenses, including tuition fees, time fees, and hostel charges, ensures that financial constraints do not hinder the pursuit of education for eligible students.