The State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT) in Bihar plays a pivotal role in shaping the educational landscape of the state. Among its various initiatives to enhance the quality of education, the National Means Merit Scholarship (NMMS) Exam stands out as a significant endeavor. This examination, conducted by SCERT Bihar, aims to identify and support meritorious students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds, providing them with a platform to pursue their education without financial constraints.
The NMMS Exam in Bihar is designed to recognize talented students in the state and nurture their academic potential. By focusing on economically weaker sections, the initiative seeks to bridge the gap and ensure that deserving students have equal opportunities to excel in their studies. The scholarship not only acknowledges academic excellence but also considers the financial hardships that students may face, thereby promoting inclusivity in education.
The examination process is meticulously crafted to assess the aptitude and scholastic abilities of the candidates. It usually covers subjects such as mathematics, science, and social studies. Students who perform exceptionally well in the NMMS Exam are then eligible for scholarships that provide financial assistance throughout their schooling.
SCERT Bihar’s NMMS Exam serves as a stepping stone for talented students, offering them a chance to pursue higher education and fulfill their academic aspirations. The initiative aligns with the broader goal of creating an educated and empowered society by identifying and nurturing talent at the grassroots level. As students prepare and participate in the NMMS Exam, they not only vie for scholarships but also contribute to the overall improvement of the education system in Bihar. This examination, thus, stands as a beacon of hope for students, signaling that their academic prowess can unlock doors to a brighter future, irrespective of their financial circumstances.
About SCERT Bihar NMMS Exam 2024
The SCERT Bihar NMMS Exam is a crucial initiative by the organization to support students in their pursuit of academic excellence through a competitive examination. Successful candidates stand to benefit from direct financial assistance, deposited into their bank accounts, alleviating the burden of tuition fees for schools and colleges across Bihar. The upcoming examination is scheduled for January 7, 2024, in accordance with the official notification issued by the SCERT organization. Aspiring participants can access their admit cards for the exam through the official website. This scholarship program serves as a unique opportunity for students to engage in a competitive assessment, with the potential to secure valuable financial aid. The SCERT Bihar NMMS Exam represents a gateway for students to not only demonstrate their academic prowess but also to vie for scholarships that can significantly impact their educational journey.
Objective of SCERT Bihar NMMS Exam
The primary goal of the SCERT Bihar NMMS Exam is to provide direct financial assistance to students, with funds transferred directly into their bank accounts. Eligible students can avail themselves of assistance amounting to up to INR 12,000 per year, offering crucial support for covering tuition fees. Beyond the financial aid, the competitive examination environment also serves as a valuable experience for students, helping them acclimate to the atmosphere they might encounter while preparing for exams like JEE or CAT. It’s important to note that these scholarship opportunities are exclusively available to students who are permanent residents of Bihar. To secure the benefits, students must strive for excellence in the competitive exam, emphasizing the importance of achieving commendable scores to unlock these valuable scholarship opportunities.
Key Highlights of SCERT Bihar NMMS Exam
|SCERT Bihar NMMS Exam
|Providing 12000 rupees per year
- Eligible Grade: Students studying in class 8th in Government, Local Body, and Government-aided Schools
- Academic Criteria: Minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in the Class 7th examination
- Relaxation for SC/ST: 5% relaxation in marks for students belonging to the SC and ST categories
- Financial Limit: Parental income should not exceed Rs. 3,50,000 per annum
- Documentation: A Parental Income Certificate issued by the Chandigarh Administration must be attached to the application
- Exclusion: Students enrolled in ‘Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVS)’ and ‘Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNV)’ not eligible for NMMS program scholarships
- Continuation to Higher Secondary: Minimum of 60% marks required in the class 10 board exam for scholarship continuation to higher secondary school
- Class 12 Eligibility: Clear class 11 on the first attempt with a minimum score of 55% or its equivalent for scholarship continuation in class 12
- SC/ST Relaxation: Students belonging to the SC/ST category granted a 5% relaxation in marks for scholarship continuation in class 12
- Scholarship Duration: From Class 9th to Class 12th
- Scholarship Amount: Rs 12,000 per annum
|Application Start Date
|10 October 2023
|Application Last Date
|03 November 2023
|07 January 2024
|Admit Card Download
|26 December 2023 to07 January 2024
|Provisional Answer Key
|13 January 2024
|Challenge for Wrong Answer in Provisional Answer Key
|20 January 2024
Benefits of SCERT Bihar NMMS Exam
The SCERT Bihar NMMS (National Means Merit Scholarship) Exam offers a range of benefits to eligible students, contributing to their educational and financial well-being. Some key advantages of the SCERT Bihar NMMS Exam include:
Financial Assistance: The primary benefit is the provision of financial assistance to deserving students. Scholarships are awarded at the rate of Rs 12,000 per annum, easing the financial burden on students and their families.
Tuition Fee Coverage: The scholarship amount can be used to pay for tuition fees, ensuring that students have the necessary resources to pursue their education without hindrance.
Inclusivity: By targeting students in Government, Local Body, and Government-aided schools, the exam promotes inclusivity, offering opportunities to those in specific educational settings.
Merit Recognition: The competitive nature of the exam allows for the identification and recognition of academic merit among students. This acknowledgment can boost students’ confidence and motivation.
Preparation for Competitive Exams: The exam environment serves as valuable experience for students, preparing them for future competitive exams such as JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) or CAT (Common Admission Test).
Focused Eligibility Criteria: The eligibility criteria, including academic performance, parental income limits, and specific exclusions, ensure that the scholarships are directed towards students who genuinely require financial support.
Long-Term Support: The scholarship support spans from Class 9th to Class 12th, providing sustained assistance throughout a crucial phase of a student’s academic journey.
Encouragement for Higher Education: By requiring a minimum score in the class 10 board exam for continuation, the NMMS Exam encourages students to strive for academic excellence in higher classes.
Incentive for Academic Progress: The eligibility criteria for continuing the scholarship in Class 12, including a minimum score in Class 11, acts as an incentive for students to maintain academic progress.
Inclusive Relaxations: The provision of relaxations for SC/ST students in terms of eligibility criteria reflects a commitment to inclusivity and addressing social disparities.
The SCERT Bihar NMMS Exam not only provides financial assistance but also recognizes and supports the academic endeavors of deserving students, fostering an environment of educational growth and opportunity.
No Application Fee: There is no requirement for the applicant to pay any type of application fee.
- Two-Part Examination: The selection of applicants is based on a scholarship examination conducted in two parts.
- Part I: General Mental Ability Test with 90 multiple-choice questions.
- Part II: Academic Aptitude Test with 90 multiple-choice questions (35 Science, 35 Social Science, and 20 Mathematics).
- Two-Part Examination: The selection of applicants is based on a scholarship examination conducted in two parts.
- Qualifying Percentage: The qualifying percentage for the General, Backward, and Physically Handicapped categories is 40%, equivalent to 36 marks. For the SC and ST categories, the qualifying percentage is 32%, which is 29 marks.
- Aggregate Requirement: Students must qualify for both exams, securing at least 40% marks in aggregate.
- Direct Bank Transfer: The selected students will receive the scholarship amount directly into their bank accounts.
The rigorous two-part examination process ensures that successful candidates not only demonstrate proficiency in general mental ability but also showcase academic aptitude in key subjects. The qualifying percentages are tailored to different categories, ensuring fairness and equal opportunity. The direct disbursement of scholarship funds into the students’ bank accounts streamlines the process, ensuring timely financial support for the deserving recipients.
Mandatory Documentation for Application:
Registered Mobile Number: A valid and registered mobile number for communication purposes.
Aadhar Card: A copy of the Aadhar card as a proof of identity and address.
Email ID: A functional email ID for official correspondence and updates.
Two Recent Passport-Size Photographs: Recent photographs meeting the specified passport size requirements.
Caste Certificate: A valid caste certificate for applicants seeking relaxation or benefits based on their caste category.
Income Certificate: An income certificate issued by the competent authority, confirming the financial status of the applicant’s family.
Disability Status Certificate: If applicable, a certificate issued by the competent authority indicating the disability status of the applicant.
Photocopy of Class 7 Report Card: A photocopy of the Class 7 report card, serving as a crucial academic document for eligibility assessment.
Do SCERT Bihar NMMS Exam Registration Online
To successfully register for the SCERT Bihar NMMS Exam, follow these steps:
Visit SCERT Bihar Website:
- Open your web browser and navigate to the official SCERT Bihar website.
Access the Home Page:
- Once on the website, the home page will be displayed on your screen.
Click on Registration Option:
- Look for the “Registration” option on the home page.
Open Registration Form:
- Click on the “Registration” option to access the registration form.
Fill Out Registration Form:
- Complete the registration form by providing the required information.
- Input accurate details, including personal information, contact details, and any other essential data as specified in the form.
- Follow the instructions to upload all necessary documents, including Aadhar card, photographs, caste certificate, income certificate, disability status certificate, and a photocopy of the Class 7 report card.
- Ensure that the uploaded documents meet the specified format and size requirements.
- Review the information entered and the documents uploaded.
- Once satisfied, submit the registration form.
- After successful submission, you may receive a confirmation message or email acknowledging your registration.
By diligently following these steps, you can efficiently register for the SCERT Bihar NMMS Exam, ensuring that all required information and documents are accurately provided. Always refer to any guidelines or instructions provided on the website for a seamless registration process.
Visit Now: Fair & Lovely Scholarship
Download SCERT Bihar NMMS Exam Admit Card
To access the Bihar NMMS Exam Admit Card, follow these steps:
Visit the Official Website:
- Click on the provided link to visit the official website of SCERT Bihar NMMS Exam.
Home Page Access:
- Once on the website, the home page will be displayed.
Navigate to Admit Card Section:
- Look for the “Bihar NMMS Exam Admit Card” option on the home page.
Click on Admit Card Option:
- Click on the “Bihar NMMS Exam Admit Card” option to proceed.
- You will be prompted to sign in using your username and password. Enter the required credentials accurately.
- Click on the “Login” button to access your account.
- Once logged in, your dashboard will be presented on the screen.
By following these steps, you can successfully navigate to the Bihar NMMS Exam Admit Card section, sign in, and access your dashboard. Ensure that you have the correct login credentials and follow any additional instructions provided on the website for a smooth process.
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Phone Number: 7782046718
FAQs – Scert Bihar NMMS Exam
1. What is the SCERT Bihar NMMS Exam?
The SCERT Bihar NMMS Exam, conducted by the State Council of Educational Research and Training, is the National Means Merit Scholarship Exam aimed at identifying and supporting meritorious students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
2. Who is eligible to apply for the NMMS Exam?
Students studying in class 8th in Government, Local Body, and Government-aided schools in Bihar are eligible. Minimum academic criteria and income limitations apply.
3. How is the scholarship amount determined?
The scholarship amount is fixed at Rs 12,000 per annum and is provided to selected students from Class 9th to Class 12th.
4. What is the selection process for the NMMS Exam?
The selection is based on a two-part scholarship examination, including a General Mental Ability Test and an Academic Aptitude Test. The qualifying percentage varies for different categories.
5. How can I apply for the NMMS Exam?
To apply, visit the official SCERT Bihar website, click on the registration option, fill out the registration form with necessary information, and upload required documents.
6. Is there any application fee for the NMMS Exam?
No, there is no application fee required to apply for the NMMS Exam.
7. How do I download the admit card for the NMMS Exam?
Visit the official website, click on the Bihar NMMS Exam Admit Card option, sign in using your username and password, and access your dashboard to download the admit card.
8. What documents are required for the application process?
Documents include a registered mobile number, Aadhar card, email ID, two recent passport-size photographs, caste certificate, income certificate, disability status certificate, and a photocopy of the Class 7 report card.
9. Can students from Kendriya Vidyalayas and Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas apply for the NMMS scholarship?
No, students from Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVS) and Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNV) are not eligible for scholarships through the NMMS program.
The SCERT Bihar NMMS Exam stands as a significant initiative by the State Council of Educational Research and Training to empower and support deserving students in Bihar. This National Means Merit Scholarship Examination not only identifies and recognizes academic merit but also addresses the financial constraints that may hinder students from pursuing their education.
By targeting students in Class 8th from Government, Local Body, and Government-aided schools, the NMMS Exam ensures inclusivity and equal opportunity. The eligibility criteria, including a minimum of 55% marks in Class 7th (with relaxation for SC and ST categories) and a maximum parental income cap, make it a well-structured program aimed at assisting those who need it most.