Education is a powerful catalyst for personal growth and societal advancement, and one critical juncture in a student’s educational journey is completing their 12th grade or equivalent level of schooling. This transition marks the end of a significant phase in their academic life and opens the door to a multitude of opportunities for higher education and career prospects. However, the pursuit of higher education can be financially burdensome for many students and their families. To alleviate this financial strain and promote academic excellence, scholarships for 12th passed students play a pivotal role.
Scholarships designed specifically for students who have successfully completed their 12th grade education serve as a beacon of hope and support. These scholarships recognize the hard work, dedication, and potential of these young individuals and aim to empower them to pursue their dreams without the looming weight of educational expenses. In this era of rapidly evolving job markets and increasing competition, such scholarships not only foster academic achievement but also nurture the leaders and innovators of tomorrow.
If you’re a 12th-grade graduate actively seeking scholarships to support your educational journey, this article is tailored to your needs. Here, we will present the top 10 scholarships specifically designed for 12th passed students, offering valuable benefits that can propel you towards a promising future.
Among these scholarships, the PM Scholarship launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi stands out as one of the most renowned opportunities. This scholarship program is aimed at assisting 12th-grade graduates in pursuing higher education. While admission to some programs is based on your 12th-grade percentage, many others require candidates to excel in scholarship exams to secure these valuable rewards. In the following sections, we will explore these scholarships in detail, providing insights into their eligibility criteria, application processes, and the potential life-changing opportunities they offer.
About Scholarship For 12th Passed Students
Scholarships are awarded to students who meet specific criteria established by scholarship providers. Numerous scholarships are available to students who have completed their 10+2 education, and these opportunities are offered by both private organizations and government institutions. Scholarships for 12th passed students serve as a vital resource in alleviating the financial burden associated with pursuing higher education.
These scholarships are typically granted to individuals who have achieved exceptional academic results, often requiring a minimum of 85% marks in their 12th-grade examinations. Successful applicants can receive substantial financial support, such as a total of Rs 20,000, to aid in their educational pursuits. It’s worth noting that these scholarships are not limited by gender, making them accessible to both boys and girls throughout each academic year.
List of Scholarships for 12th Passed Students
As you reach the culmination of your 12th-grade education, the pivotal decision of selecting the right course and institution can be an incredibly daunting task. This choice lays the foundation for your future career, making it a critical juncture in your academic journey. Before we delve into the specifics of each scholarship, we will provide an overview of scholarships that are accessible to students who have successfully completed their 12th-grade education. These scholarships are tailored to support the aspirations of 12th-passed students as they embark on their higher education paths.
- NSF Scholarship
- CCRT Scholarship
- PM Narendra Modi Scholarship for 12th Pass Students
- College Admission Scholarship Application
- Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Ignite Awards
- Combined Counselling Board Scholarship
- Indian Scholarships for 12th Passed Students
- HDFC Bank Educational Crisis Scholarship Support
- College Board Indian Scholarships Program.
- Swami Dayanand Education Foundation Merit cum Means Scholarship
North South Foundation Scholarship
The North-South Foundation (NSF) Scholarship is generously funded by the Illinois-based North-South Foundation in the United States. This scholarship is granted on the basis of merit and serves as both recognition and financial support. The primary objective of the NSF scholarship program is to extend a helping hand to exceptionally talented and financially disadvantaged students in India, assisting them in pursuing their undergraduate studies.
The NSF scholarship is open to candidates who have successfully completed their 12th-grade board examinations and are actively engaged in various academic programs. Notably, this scholarship is awarded annually and has a significant reach, benefiting over 1,000 students each year throughout their entire undergraduate journey. To maintain eligibility for the NSF scholarship, applicants are expected to consistently maintain high academic standards.
NSF Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the NSF Scholarship, applicants are required to meet certain criteria:
- Academic Excellence: Candidates must rank in the top 10% of their class in both the 10th and 12th grade, as well as achieve commendable scores in CET/JET examinations in their respective regions.
- Choice of Programs: Eligible candidates should enroll in academic programs offered by state or government-aided colleges. These programs encompass a wide range of fields, including engineering, medical, dental, polytechnic, BSc, B.V.Sc, and more.
- Financial Need: Applicants must demonstrate financial need, with a total taxable family income not exceeding Rs 1 lakh.
CCRT Scholarship for Class 12th Students
The Centre for Cultural Resource and Training (CCRT) administers a unique initiative known as the Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme (CTSSS), commonly referred to as the CCRT Scholarship. This program is primarily designed to extend financial support to exceptionally talented children aged between 10 to 14 years who exhibit remarkable skills in various fine arts disciplines, including music, drama, dance, crafts, sculpture, painting, and literary arts.
The CCRT Scholarship serves as a catalyst for nurturing these young talents, enabling them to explore and uphold traditional art forms that have been passed down through generations. Additionally, the scholarship program demonstrates a commitment to inclusivity, as it is specially reserved for students hailing from Scheduled Tribes (ST), Scheduled Castes (SC) backgrounds, and those with disabilities. Notably, the CCRT Scholarship places a special emphasis on preserving and promoting rare art forms that face the threat of extinction, further enriching India’s cultural heritage.
CCRT Scholarship Slots
Every year, a total of 650 CCRT scholarships are granted, and they are allocated as follows:
- One hundred scholarships are specifically earmarked for students belonging to the Scheduled Tribes (ST) category, provided they possess a valid ST certificate.
- Over 125 scholarships are dedicated to children whose families have actively engaged in traditional arts for a minimum of three consecutive generations.
- Twenty scholarships are set aside for differently-abled children, recognizing and encouraging their artistic talents.
- Thirty-four scholarships are designated for students passionate about creative writing and literary arts.
- The remaining 375 scholarships are open to applicants from the general population, fostering a diverse pool of young talents eager to pursue their artistic aspirations.
PM Modi Scholarship for 12th Student
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, a prominent global leader, recognizes the paramount importance of education in India. The Modi government has made education a top priority, implementing various scholarship programs to support Indian students in their pursuit of knowledge. One such initiative is the PM Modi Scholarship, which is specifically designed for 12th-grade graduates.
Under this scheme, students who have achieved a remarkable 85% score in their 12th-grade examinations are eligible to receive a substantial scholarship grant of Rs 20,000. Moreover, students enrolled in professional courses can also benefit from this program, securing an INR 2,000 scholarship. These scholarships reflect the government’s commitment to empowering the youth of India and promoting educational excellence.
PM Narendra Modi Scholarship Eligibility Criteria for 12th Class
- Students must attain a minimum of 75% marks in their 12th-grade examinations.
- Applicants should fall within the age bracket of 18 to 25 years to qualify.
- The annual household income of the applicant’s family must exceed INR 6 lakh.
- Starting date of filling application form – 10 July 2021
- Last date to submit the application form – 15 December 2021
College Admission Scholarship Application (CASA)
The College Admission Scholarship Application (CASA) is a traditional scholarship program aimed at empowering 12th-grade graduates to access higher quality education. Through CASA, students are encouraged to complete application forms, providing them with a valuable chance to secure scholarships based on their academic merit. Typically, the CASA application process commences in June, and it’s important to note that there is no application fee associated with this scholarship opportunity.
Eligibility Criteria for CASA Class 12th
Eligibility criteria for application include:
- Successful completion of the Class 12th examination from recognized boards such as CBSE, ICSE, or state boards.
- Graduates are also eligible to apply, extending the opportunity to those pursuing post-graduation courses.
- The chosen educational institution must hold recognition from AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) or UGC (University Grants Commission) for the applicant’s admission to qualify.
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Ignite Awards
The Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Ignite Awards, established under the auspices of the National Innovation Foundation, provides a platform for young, budding talents to showcase their innovative ideas. This scholarship opportunity is open to students up to the 12th grade. Participating is as straightforward as articulating one’s thoughts in plain text and submitting them via the official website.
The enrollment deadline typically falls in the last week of August each year. Ignite Awards is an annual nationwide competition aimed at nurturing and celebrating the creative and innovative spirit of children. In soliciting ideas, the National Innovation Foundation encourages the exploration of original and imaginative technological solutions to everyday challenges. These ideas may encompass solutions to household issues, address labor-related concerns, or contribute to resolving environmental challenges facing our population.
Eligibility for Ignite Awards
Students up to 12th grade are invited to share their innovative ideas for the Ignite Awards. Applicants must be between 17-18 years of age, including recent high school graduates. There’s no specific format required for submitting write-ups, but when presenting their ideas, applicants should ensure they provide their name, age, school name, address, and contact number for identification purposes.
Combined Counselling Board Scholarship (CCB)
The Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship is a valuable initiative aimed at offering financial assistance to economically disadvantaged students, enabling them to pursue higher education. CCB has established collaborations with numerous esteemed educational institutions across the country, providing students with access to various scholarship opportunities.
Eligibility Criteria for CCB Scholarship
To apply for the CCB Scholarship, follow these steps:
- Begin by selecting your home state when applying online.
- Thoroughly review all provided guidelines before proceeding to fill out the application form.
- After completing the application, submit it as directed.
- Make sure to retain a printout of the application receipt and counseling letter for reference.
Selected students will be granted a scholarship of Rs.60,000 – Rs.70,000 for higher education.
HDFC Bank Educational Crisis Scholarship Support
The HDFC Bank Educational Crisis Scholarship was established with the primary objective of offering financial assistance to students encountering significant challenges related to educational expenses, especially those who are at a high risk of discontinuing their education due to family or personal crises. This scholarship program is a cornerstone in HDFC Bank’s efforts to support students starting from the 6th grade and above.
Eligibility Criteria for HDFC Bank Educational Crisis Scholarship Support
The candidate should be a student of Class 6 and above.
- The scholarship provides financial aid of INR 10,000 for school students and INR 25,000 for students pursuing diploma, ITI, college, or university education.
College Board India Scholars Program
The college board Indian Scholars program is an initiative of the College Board in partnership with India Global Alliance members to provide a 100% tuition fee waiver to top-performing students of SAT examination at member universities of India Global Alliance. The students are also open to win a discount of 50% to 90% on the SAT fee under this program.
Eligibility Criteria for College Board India Scholars Program
- The students of class 12th are eligible for this scholarship.
- Up to 100% tuition fee waiver
Swami Dayanand Education Foundation Merit Cum Means Scholarships
The College Board Indian Scholars Program, in collaboration with India Global Alliance members, offers an exceptional opportunity to high-achieving students who excel in the SAT examination. This initiative provides a remarkable 100% tuition fee waiver for students admitted to member universities of India Global Alliance. Additionally, participants have the chance to secure substantial discounts, ranging from 50% to 90%, on their SAT examination fees through this program.
- Students pursuing Engineering/MBBS/Pharmacy/IT/Architecture courses
- Scholarships up to INR 50,000 per annum
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship 2023: Apply Online, Last Date, Eligibility
The inception of this scholarship program aims to offer financial aid to students hailing from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. Eligibility for this scholarship is contingent upon the successful completion of the 12th-grade board examinations. Students who have secured admission to an undergraduate degree program are eligible to avail themselves of this scholarship, provided they maintain strong academic performance. Under this program, students can receive financial support of up to Rs 5 lakhs to facilitate their pursuit of undergraduate degrees across various institutions in India. For a comprehensive understanding of the eligibility criteria and the associated benefits, please refer to the following key points:
- Successful completion of the 12th-grade examination.
- The candidate’s age should not exceed 19 years as of May 31, 2022.
- The annual family income should not surpass Rs. 4 lakhs per annum.
- A minimum academic achievement of 80% marks in both the 10th and 12th-grade examinations is required.
- Diploma Courses- Rs. 50,000 per year
- Degree Courses- Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 2,70,000 per year
AICTE Saksham Scholarship 2023
The Saksham scholarship, administered by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education), stands as one of the most sought-after scholarship programs. The application window for this scholarship is currently open, and students are encouraged to promptly complete the application process. Successful applicants stand to receive a substantial financial grant of INR 50,000. To apply for this scholarship, visit the official NSP (National Scholarship Portal) website. Alternatively, you can access the application through AICTE’s official website, following a review of the eligibility criteria outlined below:
- Have a disability equal to or exceeding 40%.
- The annual family income should not exceed Rs. 8 lakhs.
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate (UG) degree program or course at institutions approved by AICTE.
- Students may be in the first year of their degree course or in the second year, having entered through lateral entry (LE) in any
- AICTE-approved institution, depending on their respective academic year.
Under this scheme, students are entitled to receive a yearly grant of Rs 50,000 for the entire duration of their studies, with a maximum of 4 years for students admitted in the first year of their degree programs and a maximum of 3 years for those admitted through lateral entry. This grant serves as a lump sum amount to cover expenses such as college fees, computer procurement, stationery, books, equipment, software, and related necessities.
It’s important to note that no additional funding will be provided to cover expenses like hostel charges or medical fees. Furthermore, this scheme is entirely gender-neutral, open to all eligible students without any gender-specific considerations.
Gaon Ki Beti Yojana 2023
The Gaon Ki Beti Yojana scholarship is specifically designed to support students residing in underprivileged regions across India. It caters to those individuals who face limited educational opportunities within rural communities. It’s important to note that the Gaon Ki Beti Yojana scholarship is exclusively available to residents of Madhya Pradesh. For comprehensive information regarding this scholarship program, interested individuals can refer to the official Madhya Pradesh scholarship portal.
Through this initiative, eligible students receive crucial financial assistance, serving as a motivating force to pursue their education in various educational institutions.
- The applicant should be a female student.
- The applicant must hold permanent residency status in Madhya Pradesh.
- The applicant should originate from a rural village.
- The applicant must have secured a minimum of 60% marks in their 12th-grade board examinations.
Each beneficiary will receive a scholarship amounting to 5000 Rupees annually, distributed in monthly installments of 500 Rupees over a period of 10 months.
MP Pratibha Kiran Scholarship 2023
Another significant scholarship opportunity accessible to students in the state of Madhya Pradesh is the Pratibha Kiran scholarship. This program, initiated by the Chief Minister, aims to foster higher education within Madhya Pradesh. It is exclusively designated for female students who hold permanent residency in the state of Madhya Pradesh. The scholarship program is designed to inspire and incentivize applicants to pursue further education beyond their completion of the 12th-grade board examinations. To apply for this scholarship, students can visit the official Madhya Pradesh scholarship portal.
To be eligible for the Pratibha Kiran scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant should be a female student.
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Madhya Pradesh.
- The applicant must have secured a minimum of 60% marks in their 12th-grade board examinations.
Beneficiaries of this scholarship will receive an annual grant of INR 5000 to support their pursuit of higher education in various fields such as medicine, engineering, management, law, and the private sector, among others. Additionally, students enrolled in technical and medical courses will receive an incentive of INR 750 per month, while others will receive INR 500 per month for a period of ten months.
NSDL Shiksha Sahyog Scholarship 2023
A new scholarship opportunity, called the NSDL Shiksha Sahyog scholarship, has been introduced by NSDL. This program is designed to inspire students, particularly those from economically disadvantaged backgrounds, to complete their education. To apply for the NSDL Shiksha Sahyog Scholarship, interested students can access the application on the official Vidyasarathi portal. It is essential for students to ensure they meet the eligibility criteria set forth by the organization before submitting their scholarship application. The primary objective behind establishing this scholarship is to extend financial aid to students, thereby facilitating their pursuit of education.
To be eligible for this scholarship:
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of India.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 60% marks in their 10th-grade examination.
- A minimum score of 35% in the ITI course from the 10th examination is required for eligibility.
- Candidates who have achieved at least 60% marks in their 12th-grade examination can also avail of this scholarship.
- Scholars must have secured a minimum of 60% marks in their post-graduation examination to be eligible for this scheme.
- For class 11th 5000 rupees
- For ITI 15000 Rupees
- For UG 10000 Rupees
- For PG 12000 Rupees
Scholarship For 12th Passed Students 2023 Application Procedure
Candidates should initiate the application process by visiting the National Scholarship Portal’s Scholarship for 12th website. To access the portal, simply click on the link.
- Visit the Scholarship For 12th website on the National Scholarship Portal, accessible through the provided link.
- Once on the homepage, click on the “New Registration” option.
- Review the provided instructions on your screen.
- Confirm your acceptance of the declaration and click “Continue.”
- Enter all required details, including your name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID, bank information, and more.
- Input the provided captcha code.
- Click “Register” to complete the registration process.
- Log in using your newly created credentials.
- Access the “Application Form” option.
- Complete the application form by providing details such as your State of Domicile, Name, Date of Birth, Community/Category, Father’s Name, Aadhaar card Number, Mobile Number, Scholarship Category, Gender, Religion, Mother’s Name, Annual Family Income, Email ID, and more.
- Click “Save & Continue” to proceed.
- Upload the necessary documents as specified.
- Finally, click “Final Submission” to successfully submit your application form.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for scholarships after the 12th grade?
Eligibility criteria vary depending on the scholarship. Common criteria include academic performance, financial need, and sometimes specific fields of study or demographic factors.
How can I find scholarships for 12th passed students?
You can search for scholarships on various online scholarship databases, college websites, and through government programs. Additionally, schools and colleges often have scholarship information available.
What types of scholarships are available for 12th passed students?
Scholarships can be based on academic merit, financial need, extracurricular activities, community involvement, or specific fields of study such as STEM or the arts.
When should I start applying for scholarships?
It’s a good idea to start searching and applying for scholarships during your 12th grade or the year before you plan to enter college.
Do I have to repay scholarship money?
Scholarships are typically not required to be repaid. They are a form of financial aid that doesn’t have to be reimbursed.
What documents are usually required for scholarship applications?
Commonly required documents include transcripts, letters of recommendation, a personal statement or essay, proof of eligibility, and sometimes standardized test scores.
How can I increase my chances of getting a scholarship?
To enhance your chances, maintain good grades, participate in extracurricular activities, volunteer, write compelling essays, and ensure that your application is well-organized and complete.
Are there scholarships specifically for students pursuing certain careers or majors?
Yes, many scholarships are tailored to specific majors or career paths, such as STEM scholarships or scholarships for students interested in healthcare professions.
Can I apply for multiple scholarships at once?
Yes, you can apply for multiple scholarships simultaneously, as long as you meet the eligibility criteria for each one.
What are some reputable scholarship sources?
Reputable sources for scholarships include government programs, universities and colleges, private organizations, and online scholarship databases like Fastweb, Scholarships.com, and the National Scholarship Portal (for Indian students).
In conclusion, scholarships for 12th passed students play a pivotal role in easing the financial burden of pursuing higher education and empowering young minds to achieve their academic aspirations. These scholarships are designed to recognize and support students who have demonstrated exceptional academic performance, financial need, or unique talents and ambitions.
By offering financial assistance, scholarships ensure that deserving students can access quality education, irrespective of their economic background. They not only promote educational excellence but also encourage students to strive for their goals, whether in traditional academic fields, technical disciplines, the arts, or other areas.